Wednesday, March 10, 2010

mistakes that I made

Well it happens to all of us. We make mistakes. This week, I have two, at least. Two that strike me like, "are you kidding Jeff?"

The first one was yesterday. I spilled an entire cup of coffee on my desk. I can not remember the last time that I did that. I had stuff spread all over the floor to dry out. Silly mistake.

The other was last night. I was leaving the church after my class and I walked out the door with everything. My wallet, checkbook, jacket, phone, everything except my keys. Opps. the door shut. I just locked myself out of the office area. My keys are inside. What do I do?

I obviously need to call someone. I thought about who was the closest. I called Sherri. She showed up in 5 minutes, in her PJ's and handed me a set of keys out her window. I was apologetic. She was accomodating. No problem. I will help you anytime. I am so glad to have people that will cover your sins, in the middle of the night. Thank you.

I know I made other mistakes this week, but that is all that I want to confess to you today.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What, you couldn't find a rubber mallet to pound the doorknob with?

I won't get into that, but I will say that's it's so good to know that other people make "mistakes" too. When you get to be my age and you go through an emotional trauma, your mistakes are now a serious mental problem in the eyes of your family and they take pity on you. Of course that's not true, but if you're told that often enough, one day you just may believe it and take a rubber mallet to a locked door.

They are just mistakes--we all make them. BTW, what's Sherri's phone number? ; )

Anonymous said...

I was out early this morning too Jeff. I'm so thankful for the walking trail on the north side of the church. I have been taking my We Care class out there when we can get out. We frequently go see what animal tracks we can find, or what "spring things" are popping up. Today we found DUCKS! What excitement!! (We also found mud and I had to mop the classroom) Boy was that fun! We talked about ducks all day. I explained to them about the differences between the mommies and the daddies and how to id them--now we are awaiting baby ducks! This has nothing to do with your getting locked out---but it sure was a glorious morning filled with GOD MOMENTS !!! It was great!! Please come sometime and just read a story to my class--I'd love to have you there. Lynn Stewart

Anonymous said...

Mistakes! You should see my right pointy finger.... it's purple from slamming it in my car door. I'm still feeling that mistake!
Jennifer D

Anonymous said...

I went to check on my mothers house at the lake because I was in Jeff City on business.

The keys that are usually in a lock box were not there so I asked her to call a friend that had keys. They gave me keys but they were the wrong ones. They did not work.

I was steamed that I made the extra effort to check on her house and drove out of my way to do it to no avail.

Long story short, two weeks later I noticed a second key on my key chain. It was to her lake house of course.

I laughed as only I can make those mistakes in my eyes. Thanks for letting me vent. TW