Monday, March 22, 2010

My way

Frank Sinatra sang, "I did it my way......." So did Elvis and Jay-Z. I guess everybody wants to do it their way.

I think it is human nature to want it our way, and to do it our way whenever we can. Many people feel entitled to a life where things go their way. A sense of entitlement is a dangerous attitude to embrace.

Well, I don't know about you, but I notice plenty of times when whatever it was did not go my way. I would not have done that particular thing that way. I would not been in favor of that other thing. My preference would have been something other than what happened.

Well, life is tough. Trusting God is not about getting my way. It is about trusting God. Period. I can't control everything and I just have to learn to relax and enjoy life. It is still good, and often the very things that I was worried about turn out to be ok, even though they went someone else's way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Accepting help is not always easy. The burden has been lightened and I truly appreciate it.

Tonia