Wednesday, March 3, 2010

connections, pt.2

Yesterday I wrote about who we are more connected to, those who feed us or those who need us. Today, a little bit more on the topic.

As you go out into your day, are you a consumer or a distributor? A taker or a giver?

If I am a consumer, I tend to think that the world owes me something. Today is about me. When things don't do my way, I am upset.

When I see myself as a distributor, I understand that I have a product to offer the world today. I am not here to get something for myself. I have something that the world needs: God's love. I see every person as a possible client, a potential customer for my business. They are not annoying to me in anyway, they are simply an opportunity for me to reach out and share the love.

Interesting that my worst days are days when I am a taker or a consumer. My best days are the days when I am a distributor. A giver. That is because we were not created to be takers, we were made to be givers, brokers of God's amazing love and grace.

What kind of a day will you have today?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your blog the last two days has coincided with our current Bible study "Living Beyond Yourself--Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit" by Beth Moore.

She writes: "God did not save us so that we could look attractive on Sundays. He saved us and left us here because He has work to do--very specific work. He has a mission to accomplish for kingdom gain in every generation... God has chosen to do His work through us. If we miss our ministry, we will miss our entire purpose in remaining here." She goes on to say, "..take a good look at the faces around you--at the rich and poor, miserable and happy, those who drive next to you, the neighbor getting her mail, other parents at your child's ball game, the victims on the news, the criminals on the news. Look at their faces. This is your generation. Your turn. We've been called to do a little good. Or, a lot of good. How much we do depends on our obedience."

Showing kindness and doing good works--it's so simple and makes you feel so good. ; )