Wednesday, March 17, 2010

run with this

Yesterday I came home and my wife handed me a gift. Not from her, but from a friend of mine that asked her to give it to me. Very cool and very timely. The gift came as a surprise, but if you knew the person that gave it, you wouldn't be surprised. That's just one of the great things about friendships....people that you let into your life...that you let inside....that you let see how you tick......they know a part of you that others don't..... they have seen a piece of the iceberg that is below the surface.

Some, who see this, exploit it and that is probably why some of us have a fear of letting others see that side of us. More so, I believe people value having that kind of relationship and enjoy the bond created through sharing. I didn't expect this gift. It was like getting that one gift at Christmas that was not on "the list" but was perfect. We all could do more of that sort of thing for those we care for....a gift...a note...a phone call....or an unexpected invite to eat or have a cup of coffee.

We need to remember this for friends and loved ones. And we need to remember not keep score...you can get even....but don't keep score......that is when a friendship becomes one based on expectation and soon dies. So take this message and run with it today. Someone needs to hear from you.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I received just such a gift on Monday from a lady that I greatly admire. It was very touching as it was so unexpected.