Friday, March 5, 2010

repetitive humor

Ahh. The joy of repetitive humor. You can tell the same jokes over and over again. That is one of the joys of making new friends. You can tell your old jokes over and over, and to them, they are all new.

So. I have a few annual jokes. I have a St. Patrick's day joke. I have a thanksgiving joke. I have some Christmas jokes. And I have a March 4th joke. That was yesterday.

This simple little joke is the only joke that was passed from my grandmother to my mother, and on to me. It is about going to hear the band, the band that is going to line up downtown and March forth. March 4th.

Sorry. that is all there is to it. Just a little play on words. But what a blessing a sense of humor is. What a gift it is to laugh. I hope that you did not miss the parade yesterday.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

potenta said...

that's interesting, and funny as well :)

RevL said...

I love March fourth! It's my favorite non-holiday day. I call it "Parade Day" and then have to explain it to people.