Monday, March 15, 2010

pizza

Well, yesterday at church I talked about Pilate's wife's dream, and how some dreams are based on last night's pizza, some spring from our neurotic upbringing, and some seem to be a word from God.

Last night, this is my dream.

I am driving the truck and I go off the road and through a field, up onto an old railroad bridge. I am stuck in the truck, suspended hundreds of feet above a deep gorge. A woman who follows in a small car actually falls through the floor of the bridge inbetween the tracks. Long fall, bad news for her.

I am able to leave the truck and walk down the rails, off the bridge to the field. There I join the team that I am working with repairing homes. I call my wife, I call my mother, for some reason, they are unable to find me or help me. At the end of each work day I return to my truck and sleep in the back.

Finally my cell phone dies and I run out of water. Then somehow I get the truck in reverse and get off the bridge. I am driving back through the field wondering how I did that, and if it was that easy to get off the bridge, why didn't I do it sooner?

I wake up. Dream over. Now here is the question. Is that dream from last night's pizza, my neurotic upbringing, or a word from God? Well, I don't really sense a great meaning in this dream and I did eat some pretty good left over Tim's pizza last night, so I am going to blame that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Obviously, in your dream you hadn't fixed your brakes yet or you would have been able to stop once you drove off of the road and into the field. I think this dream had something to do with the pain in your back. That "little reminder" I mentioned yesterday. I'm just sayin'.... ; )

chigger farmer said...

I say from now on - eat the left over pizza for lunch!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, your pizza may have caused the nightmare, but somehow this seems like it speaks to a recurring feeling of dealing with all the changes in your stage of life, and feeling alone. No matter who is there for us in life, there is just no one like real family. Maybe hurting your back on the weekend brought back feelings of what would you do if you really got hurt and needed help. That can feel very real in life. It's interesting to think that, as your daughters mature even more, and as your relationship with your sisters grows, that after Cathy and your mom, you might have called your sisters or your daughters. Cathy and your mom probably represent the two people in life, and in death, that your heart is most connected to.

Anonymous said...

I say your brain needs a REST . . . maybe a beach and some sun and sand are on order?? AND I loved your sermon yesterday. You are the BEST! kb

petro said...

And what prescription pills were prescribed for your back?