Saturday, March 13, 2010

in between

I was talking to a friend yesterday about how most of life is lived in between. Not in the valley, and not on the mountain top. In between.

We are not sure what to do with the in between times. We are glad that they are not terrible, but we also wish for a bit more of the mountain top.

Well, sorry about that, but most of your life is going to be lived in the middle, in between. Nothing is really great, but nothing is terrible. Nothing is earth shattering, but nothing is pitiful either.

We live in the world of average. Making the normal times work. That is ok. Get over it. Most people live in a world that is a bit of a struggle all the time. A struggle to live, a struggle to love, a struggle.

Celebrate the times of normalcy. They are ok.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of late, I won't say how long, I would be thrilled to have a little more of the in between and far less of the struggle. I keep hearing myself saying that "I know no one said it would be easy, but I'm really tired of the hard." A while back I made a choice. A choice I felt was in the best interests of two out of the three involved. There are times that I wonder still if I made the right choice. Even though that choice seemed to be the only choice, the hard days and the struggle since seem to consume more days than the in between while hoping and praying for a bridge to cross. I know that I will cross that bridge someday. I know because I know that I'm not alone and God has come with me this far and gotten me over bridges before. I'm just feeling more worn out this time.

Tonia