Thursday, May 23, 2013

book quotes

I have been reading a book on leadership.  It is about being yourself.  Not bad advice probably.  If you can't be yourself, who can you be?

There were some great quotes in the front cover.  Here are some of them.  I am posting the rest of them tomorrow.  Collectively they are too much to think about all at once.

"No guts- no story." [or life is too good to take the easy way]
"Creative collaboration is dumb" [or sometimes, you actually need to lead]
"Far too many leaders carry guilt for not meeting every whiny or spoiled child's demands." [or, care enough about others to invite them to live as adults in a difficult world]
"The way YOU see the world counts" [or, stop trying to be someone else, you have something to bring to the table]
"Leaders can't waste time and energy as imposters." [that speaks for itself]

I don't know if any of that helps you, but these thoughts spoke to me.  And believe me, I need to be spoken to from time to time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: