Friday, May 17, 2013

I don't know

So it has been a heck of a week.  I had six days of vacation last week, but had to preach the Sunday before and after.  I have some challenges at church that I am working on.  You have to keep working on the challenges so that things stay on track.  A young man died this week and we will hold his funeral this coming Monday.  My son fell off the roof and broke his back.

All of a sudden, I am thrust into multiple situations that are beyond my control and outside of my abilities to resolve.  You start to stress out, then you finally realize that there isn't anything to gain from that.  So, you go with the flow.  You lean into the river and let the current take you.  I can't fix it, I don't know what to do, so I just have to get up every day and put one foot in front of the other.

And I get to trust God.  Actually trusting in God means more, it means a great deal more when there is nothing left of your strength to trust.  And so maybe I thought I was in a bad place, but really, if I can rest in God, I am in a good place.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, it sounds like it is "Footprints in the Sand" time for you. Bless you. My mother's favorite saying was "this too shall pass." I hope some of this recent deluge passes soon for you.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

I hope some of this load passes soon. Your comments bring to mind a conundum many people face. Sometimes the restful effect of vacations quickly vanish, when you come back from vacation and are thrown into situations that make it feel like you never had any down time.

Sometime can you share your thoughts on whether vacations are really worth it?