Monday, May 27, 2013

no complaints

Ok, so sometimes we  humans tend to think about what is wrong.

Well what if we take a moment and stop complaining long enough to give thanks.  What if we took a moment to celebrate instead of grouse.  What if we actually did count our blessings, what would we come up with?

I got to watch three babies be born.
I got to snow ski.
I have listened to a fountain dribble its water.
I have felt the heat and warmth of a fireplace.
I have stood at the ocean.
I have waded in the ocean.
I have body surfed in the ocean.
I have laid on the ground and watched the clouds blow by.
I have wondered what the clouds looked like.  A rabbit?  an airplane?
I have looked past the clouds to see the blue sky.
I have made some wonderful friends.
I have owned a car.
I have owned lots of cars.
I have lived in houses with running water.
I once rode a bicycle 120 miles in one day.
I learned how to change disc brake pads on a car.
I have added memory to a computer.
I have stood in the redwood forest and smelled the beautiful air.
I have see the grand canyon.
I have seen crater lake.
I have been to the petrified forest.
I have learned about aged cultures of the past.
I have learned to eat and enjoy seafood.
I celebrated the first earth day in 1972.
I made peace with hair loss when I was 28.
Although  I am 55, I still have plans and dreams.
I have loved and been loved.

So, you see, I don't have much to complain about in this life.
Next time I start to complain, remind me of this list.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a well-written and inspiring post!! Thanks Jeff.