Wednesday, May 15, 2013

why I love our church

A woman walks into my wife's office and asks if it isn't her church in Lee's Summit that does the prom dresses?  Cathy says yes it is, what's up?  Well evidently there is a cancer patient that needs a prom dress.  The prom dress ministry is over for 2013, but the question is asked if the church will help.  Cathy says, she will see.

She calls the church.  She has an "in."  I find the person in charge of that ministry and tell them the story.  Prom dress ministry is over for 2013, but we have this girl with cancer.  Can we help.  Of course the answer is yes.  YES.  YES!!  The staff person calls Cathy and visits with her. 

Within 30 minutes of asking the question in my wife's office, the other employee is told by Cathy that our church will roll out the red carpet.  The ministry may be over for 2013, but a cancer patient will get whatever she needs.   I was not surprised.  I love this place.  I am the most fortunate pastor that I know.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: