Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom

Happy Mother's Day.  To my mom who died in 1995, to my dear mother in law, to my sweet wife, and to all of you mothers out there.

Motherhood is not an easy thing.  Childbirth isn't easy [not that I would know] but the larger heartaches of life tend to be delivered to parents by their children.  There is an old saying, "when they are young, they steal your heart, when they are old, they break your heart."

Here are some words of encouragement for every mother that has ever felt that she did not do a good job.  For every mother who spends too much time in her doubts.  For every moment of discouragement, for every moment of regret.

Mom, we know you weren't perfect, but you have given us an amazing gift.  Life.  L-I-F-E.  LIFE.  I can wake every morning and live because of you.  That is pretty cool.  And yes, you weren't perfect, but when I was 24 it finally dawned on me that my life had become my responsibility.  My problems were then of my own making, and I know I have dealt you some grief.  That does not mean that you are not loved.  Speaking for children everywhere, I would like to say that I appreciate every thing that you have done for me.  Every effort, every thought, every kindness, every prayer. 

A mother truly is a gift from God.  Thanks for being you.  I am here today because of you!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very beautiful. Mom's who may not get a material present for Mother's Day will receive the best kind of present if they read your post today.

Glad your mom birthed you.