Thursday, May 2, 2013

the way

I was  reading a bit of Peter Rollins the other day.  One of the things that he wrote went something like this: it is time that we Christians stop thinking of our faith as a way of believing, and instead think of it as believing in a way.

What does that mean?  Well, many Christians boil the faith down to a list of doctrines.  Believe this, this and this, and you are ok.  Rollins is suggesting that instead, we think of the faith as believing in a way of life.  So that the Christian faith is not a static thing that floats in our brain, but is instead a dynamic, organic thing that is lived out every single day.

Is my faith stuck in my head or is it pouring out of me toward others every single day?  Jesus said in John 4, "but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone taught me a long time ago that faith is a verb.

Keep faithing it, and thanks for what you shared.