Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Can this bird sing?



This is our Canary Island Date Palm Tree. 
Can you see the little friend that has taken up residence?

can you see her yet?


a beautiful dove has made a nest

and she has two wonderful eggs!

I wished this story ended well.  It did not.  I was a little concerned about where she chose to make her nest.  It wasn't long after these pictures were taken that The dove was gone and the eggs were gone.  I am not sure who ate the eggs, but we do know that life can be tragic.

I wonder how the bird responds to bad, horrible news?  I wonder if she can still sing.

The other night I woke up thinking about one of the most difficult episodes in my life.  I could not stop my brain from thinking about the players that went after me and intentionally hurt me.  I finally got up out of bed and came to the computer.  My brain needed to focus on something else.  A change of focus can be very helpful.

Sometimes in life, the snakes get our eggs.  It hurts.  Years later we will likely remember.  But we are called to forgive.  We are called to love.  Most of all, we are here to sing.  To wake to each day with joy, and if we have trouble finding the joy, we must just keep on singing until the song takes.

This bird can still sing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019



No comments: