Thursday, August 2, 2018

What I can lift

My remaining extension ladders hang in the garage
which also serves as my office.  My how things change!

I have been a first hand witness to the departure of my muscle mass.  I can tell that it is departing by the size of ladders that I can handle and the weight of things that I can lift.

I used to own a 40' ladder that I got from my friends Bob and Grace Lighthizer.  The last few years in Kansas City I needed someone else to help me prop it up against the house.  Today it belongs to my friend Larry Smith of Fish Window Cleaning.  I also owned a 32' ladder.  It was given to my father by Bill Cook many years ago.  [yes the Woods Chapel Bill Cook]  Although smaller than the 40' it was very heavy.  They just don't make things like they used to.  When the house sold in KC, the 32' ladder stayed.

Today I own a 24' and a 16' ladder.  The 24' is getting to be difficult at times.  Oh, I remember when I could wrestle the 40' all by myself!  Those were the days.  Soon, I will only own a step stool.

I have noticed that cases of water are getting heavier.  Soon I will have to stop buying cases of 24 and go to the 12 packs or the six packs.  Maybe I will eventually just buy them one at a time from the cooler by the checkout.

In this life we all climb ladders and we all carry water.  You may not feel that you are as good as you used to be, but believe me, there is always someone who needs a step up.  There is always someone who needs a little living water.  You can still help them up.  You can still deliver the water.  Never say, "I can't."

The race isn't always to the swift nor the battle to the strong.  You have gifts to give.  Do not grow weary in well doing.  Someone needs you today.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: