Friday, August 10, 2018

nothing better

Not too long ago I witnessed some young people frolicking on a pontoon boat.  It was delightful.  I thought of how beautiful they all were.  I thought of how wonderful it was to be young.

I have held onto that thought for a while, and now today I am writing a blog about it.  I am realizing something about how I felt that day.  It was not their young skin or trim bodies that made me feel happy, it was that they were happy.

Youth is good but it is not better than middle age or old age.  Any age can be good or any age can be miserable, it all depends on how you play it.  I have know woebegone young people and woebegone old people.  I have known happy young folks and happy old folks.

Who we are is our choice.  Why not be happy?  Why not smile?  Why not see the good?  It will be good for you, but it will be good for everyone.  Try smiling at people and see how well your day goes.

It is all good.

"I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person... than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them... all the days of the life."  Ecclesiastes 8:15

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: