Monday, August 6, 2018

God gave me this car

Over the years I have had many people tell me that the Lord gave them this new car.  I would always ask them if the Lord gave them a payment or if he gave it to them outright.

My point is this.  We blame many things on God to try and spiritualize our lives.  We should stop.  Jeff and Cathy bought a car the other day.  While the ability to do so is certainly a gift from God, the decision to buy it was a choice.  Our choice.

We humans have free will.  God allows us to choose.  Sometimes we choose well and sometimes we choose poorly. 

We should take responsibility for our choices and stop trying to sound spiritual by blaming everything on the good Lord.  He wants us to have a life and live it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: