Wednesday, August 8, 2018

I Can't

I can't do it.  I cannot help.  I only have one loaf of bread and one small fish.  I can't do it.  I am not a good speaker, I can't.

I can't is the enemy of everything constructive in this life.  I can't is why people feel that they are living mediocre lives.  I can't is why there is so much brokenness, hunger and hurt in this world.  There are plenty of resources to help with the world's problems, but we are worried that we won't have enough.

I have low self esteem.  I can't do it. 
I have never done that before.  I can't do it.
I
I
I
I
can't

I can't is the enemy of everything constructive in this life.

What can God do with someone who says "I can't?"
not much.

Do you want to be used by God to change the world?  Change your community?  Change your church?  Do you want to be used by God to steer a positive course?  Do you want to be used by God for anything?

Turn I can't into availability.  Lord I may not be so great at this, I may have no experience, I may be scarred to death, but I am here and I am yours.

Then watch what God can do with a man or a woman, a boy or a girl whose life is put into the Master's hands.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: