Friday, August 17, 2018

where is my car?

Sometimes I can't find my keys or my wallet.  I have learned over the years that I know right where they are.  They are right where I put them.  The problem is that I don't remember where that is.  Why does this happen to us?  Some suggest that it is because we are getting older, but it happens to young people too.

The reason we misplace our things is because we are not paying attention.  We are not in the moment so what we do is lost.  We are distracted by something or we are in such a hurry that we don't register our actions.

I am walking in the door and I set down my keys but I am really thinking about yelling at the dog, or the kid or the spouse.  I set down my wallet but I am really rushing to the TV to catch the end of the ballgame.  And we suddenly can't remember where we put anything.

This is funny.
A friend borrowed a car from a friend to run to Walmart.  They were in such a hurry to get to Wally world that they did not bother to notice what kind of car or what color of car they were driving.  They rushed into the store, made their purchases and then came out to get in the car.  But they had a problem.  Not just where is my car, but oh my.  What kind of car am I looking for?  They had to call their friend to get the make, model and color.  The friend also suggested pushing the lock button and the horn would honk.

The moral of the story is that every moment of life is sacred.  Pay attention to them.  I bet if you walked into your house and set down your keys, looked at them and said, "here keys you will rest and wait for me" you would surely remember where you put them when it was time to go.

Slow down.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: