Sunday, December 30, 2018

blaming things on God

When I was young I briefly attended a church were God evidently talked to everyone.  The members were always saying, "God told me this" or "God is telling me that."

I noticed that much of what God was telling them, had a lot to do with what they themselves wanted.  It seemed that they might have a feeling and then blame it on God.

The end result of this was that I felt like I was hanging around people who thought that they were spiritual, but it didn't feel very spiritual to me.

I have come to believe that if you are speaking or writing God's words, you don't have to tell people.  You don't have to announce it.  You don't have to try to attract attention to yourself.  If you are truly doing or speaking God's will, others will notice.

Less "spiritual" talk and more love is what this world needs.  And God told me to say that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: