Sunday, December 16, 2018

The self

We are so self absorbed.

A young man was engaged to be married.  His friend asked him what the his fiance liked about him.  The answer?  She thinks I am smart, handsome and a good dancer.

So the friend asked, and what do you like about her?  The answer, "I like that she thinks that I am smart, handsome, and a good dancer."

Some day, maybe we will learn to stop making everything about us.  Until then, I think of the hymn, "Open my eyes that I might see..."

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: