Saturday, December 15, 2018

We are not in control

When my daughter Jenny was about 8 years old she was standing in the kitchen throwing a fit. I asked her if she was the boss of the world. She said "no, but I'd like to be."

I wish I was in control. You probably do too. Sometimes we are in charge for a while, at least seemingly so. But the illusion of control is fleeting.  Our families can be devastated by loss and pain. Our jobs can end. Our permanence is impermanent.

At some point we need to come to grips with the fact that we are not in control. I am not saying that God micromanages the world. I don’t believe that. What I am saying is that things happen to us in this life that are beyond our control.

The more we fight this idea, the greater our suffering. The more we come to accept that we are not in control, the more peace we can find.

I am not in control, and it is ok. Everything is ok.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: