Monday, December 17, 2018

to give or not to give

To give or not to give, that is the question. 

We Americans are the richest people that have ever lived on the face of the planet. Yet we are worried about giving to help the poor or the homeless because they may be taking advantage of us. Or they may use the money to buy a bottle of wine. [I’ll bet if you and I were under a bridge we would love to have a bottle of wine.]

I’m sure that I have been and we have been taken advantage of by giving to the wrong people. But living a life of begging is no life.  Yes, I'm sure we’ve been taking advantage of from time to time but what is one or five or $10 in the scope of things? I believe it’s better to give and to be taken advantage of from time to time then to not give and let legitimate needs go unmet.

One too many gifts must be better than one too few.   I was hungry and you fed me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: