Saturday, December 29, 2018

Kicked out

I got kicked out

Way back, Dave and Paul and I got kicked out of Ernie Biggs. It was not Dave’s or Paul’s or my fault. That is a story for another day.

Here is what this blog is about. So I was on a cruise not too long ago. My assigned dinner time in the dining room was 6pm. Deck 4 table 439.

I am not a formal person so I skipped the fancy dinner and just ate nightly at the buffet. On the last day, I was sick of people. I was tired of fighting the crowd in the buffet so I decided to go to the dining room to my assigned table at dinner time. When I got to my table, it was full. I asked the closest server what to do. He was going to put me somewhere else. I said, no problem, I will just go back to the buffet.

A manager showed up. He says, Jeff I am going to take you for a free dinner to whatever venue you wish. The steak house, the Italian place or the Hibatchi. I of course chose the Hibatchi.

He walked me down the length of the ship, personally. He got me seated at the grill with a real nice bunch from Virginia. I ate steak, shrimp, rice, vegetables and who knows what else. It was delightful!

What I love the most about this story was that about 3pm I called Hibatchi to see about reservations. $45 per person. Too much. I said no. So I was destined for the dining room. But no. God intervened. [Ha ha more about that tomorrow.] I got to eat Hibatchi for free.

Wonderful. Beautiful. Tasty.

If you come to Florida, lets go to the Hibatchi grill. I love it.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: