Wednesday, December 26, 2018

shoulder and neck update

Thanks to steroids, my neck and shoulder are feeling better.  Not completely done, but better.

I want to thank the many of you for the nice comments and how you made me think.

When I wrote in the post on Friday "not that anyone will or should care" I did not mean to be rude.  I know you care and many of you wrote in to say so.  Moral of that is that there are always people out there that care for you, even when you are consumed with your own stuff.  Recently I had a friend describe a suicide attempt.  I told them that I would have been heart broken- sad and sobbing every time I thought of them.  Yes people care.

One person wrote in to suggest a masseuse.  Here again is a lesson.  There are ideas out there that we had not thought of.  In the past when I was working on a challenge with staff, we would go over the options.  We would list them A, B, C, and always add a last one D, which was an option that we had not thought of yet.

My friend Mark reminded me of Jesus' pain that he bore on the cross.

My friend Pat wrote in to remind me that I would appreciate that arm much more when it was better.  How true that is.  Illness causes us to appreciate health.  Excess cold causes us to appreciate warmth.  Oh that we humans would learn to appreciate what we have without the painful reminders.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: