Saturday, December 1, 2018

Letting go of the past

The past is over. 

 I am no longer a softball player. My friends would tell you I was never a good one, but the fact of the matter is, I am no longer a softball player. I am no longer a father of young children. I am no longer serving a church. Some things come to an end. It’s over. And it’s ok.

It is far too easy to cling to the past and to grieve the past.  But when we come to finally release the past, we are free to accept the present.

There are many things that are over. Many things that I am no longer. But there are some things that I am now, that I was not in the past.

What you say? I am becoming a more caring person.  [most of the time] I am seeing people that I overlooked in the past. I am resting in today. I am becoming more peaceful. I have time to listen to you. I have time to care. And maybe most importantly, I have come to understand that caring is the most important part of a life.

Some things are over. We seized the day didn’t we? Some things are over, but we have today, and there is a day to seize today. May we release that which will never be again, and see the good in today and embrace it with joy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: