Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I'm a hero

So I had an appointment at the doctor's office to have blood drawn.  Routine annual check up.  By the way, I hate needles.  Anyway, I take the earliest appointment so I don't have to wait.  I walk in the lobby and there are 4 people standing by the elevator waiting to go up to his office.

I am thinking... gosh, all 5 of us have the same appointment.  This is going to take for ever.

Waiting waiting waiting for the elevator.  Hmmm... I notice that no one has actually pushed the button.  I step out and push it.  The button lights up!  The elevator immediately springs to life.

I am a hero!  They would have stood there all day.  I alone noticed that we must push the button.  Surely they will all smile, say thank you, and write me into their wills.

The elevator door opens.  Being polite, I wait.  They were in line first after all.
No one moves.
So finally I go get on the elevator, the door shuts and I ride up by myself.

Those four humans were not waiting for the elevator after all.
I'm not a hero.

Moral of the story-  how many times do we walk into a situation, size it up, and think we know what is going on?  Maybe we only think we know what is going on.  Maybe we have elevated our perspective far higher than it should be.  Maybe we should take more time to assess a situation before we rush to judgment.

I am not a hero.  I am not as smart as I thought I was.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: