Sunday, June 6, 2021

A better place

I was in a town recently where I experienced a great deal of stress and pain in the past.  [Don't blame the town or the people.  A good deal of it was self-inflicted]  I saw a counselor regularly during that time.  I was driving around and I realized that I was in the vicinity of that counselor's office.  It's an obscure little street entrance that is easy to miss.

I pulled in.  I drove to the back.  I parked where I used to park.  I am happy to report that the pain of those days is gone.  The stress that I felt is gone.  The dreadful feelings that I had have healed.

For the first time ever in that space, I saw that it is a beautiful place.  Lovely trees and foliage.  It was peaceful.

It actually felt good to be in the counselor's parking lot and feel good, feel happy.  

If you are struggling with something, if you are hurting, I write this today to tell you:  it can get better!  IT CAN GET BETTER!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: