Wednesday, June 9, 2021

lock up the carts

A grocery cart costs about $150.  I have a friend who was a grocery store manager and he knows the price.  He told me $150 each.

Homeless people love to take them to keep their belongings in.

I was at the Dollar Tree in Ft. Pierce.  I saw that the carts were locked up.  I have mixed feelings about that.

Sure we as the business don't want people to steal our carts.  But I am sure that Dollar Tree makes plenty of money.  If a homeless person needs a cart, who does that hurt?  Let's raise the price at Dollar Tree to $1.10 per thing and let them take the carts.

Or, lets have a fund raiser at church, buy used shopping carts and give them away for free.

We need to do more for the needy in my opinion.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure



No comments: