Friday, June 25, 2021

Here Kitty, Kitty

So I am out running errands.  My five stops include:

  • Best Buy to spend a coupon.
  • Harbor Freight for a sorting tray.
  • Como Oil for one gallon of rec fuel.
  • Walmart grocery for bottled water.
  • Habitat for humanity to drop off donations.

I am half way thru my errands.  I am filling up the gas can at Como oil on the corner of 16th and Commerce St.  It is a quiet afternoon, I am the only one at the station.

I hear a cat yowling.  We used to have cats.  I know about cats.  I like cats.  I assume that a local stray is looking for food.  The noise sounds like it is coming from my car.  I step back and look underneath.  No cat underneath the car.

I shut off the engine and pop the hood.  OMG!!!  There is a cat in my motor!!!  How long has he been there?  Did he pop in at Best Buy or Harbor Freight?  Possibly, but I bet he crawled up there at the house and went for an 8 mile ride.

I call animal control.  A very nice man showed up and pulled the kitty out and put him in a cage.  I posted the cat's picture on the neighborhood app.  Two people think it might be their cat and they are calling animal control.

A lot of people lose cats around here because they don't understand that bobcats and foxes are all around.

This cat only has 8 lives left.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure


No comments: