Friday, June 4, 2021

That person hurt me

A couple of months ago I was put in a position where I had to spend a small amount of time with someone that really hurt me.  I mean, in my life, they are in the top five of life wounds.  I will never forget what this person did to me.

Someone who knew the story well, asked me if I was going to speak to them when I saw them.  At first, jokingly, I said, "no.  I am going to punch that person in the head."  Then I told the truth.  Yes.  Of course I am going to speak to them.

Grace.

Me giving you grace is nothing.  It is easy.  It comes in small doses.  Not much is needed.  But when we are in the presence of people who hurt us, grace is needed all the more.  In this case, not only did I want to give it to them, but they wanted it as well.

Loving you is easy.  A piece of cake.  It feels normal.

But when we show love and grace to those who hurt us, it is like a giant geyser gushing out of our innermost being.  We are lifted up and they are blessed as well.  Life is to short to let the pain have the last word.  Let grace be the final word, the final thought on your mind.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: