Sunday, June 27, 2021

Thankful

I drive a 2017 Kia Sportage.  It's a great car.  But for my handyman work I also have a truck.  I bought it in 2016.  It is a 2006 Ford F-150.  It's got everything on it that was available in 2006, but it is 15 years old and it has 217,000 miles on it.

So I was at the bank last week and I told the tellers some jokes, gave them some chocolate and deposited a check.  Then I went out and got in the truck.

As I stepped on the running board and hoisted my old carcass into the truck, I had a sudden feeling of thankfulness.  Thankful for this truck.  It made me happy to be grateful, and it made me happy that the feeling just came to me naturally.

Gratitude is so powerful and it is so important.  May we all be more grateful.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: