Friday, June 11, 2021

Donna Hoover

I loved Donna Hoover.  She was awesome.

I remember sitting in Annual Conference probably the year 2000 and watched Donna being invited up to the podium to receive an evangelism award for bringing people into the church.  I thought that was cool.  I was proud of her and envious of her.

Some years later, I heard that she was retiring.  I knew that she lived in Blue Springs so I called her and asked her if she would like to visit with me about coming to work for us part time at Woods Chapel.  I was always looking for good people.

Donna and I met at the Applebee's on the corner of 7 Highway and I-70.  To my surprise, Bob came with her.  He wanted to see who this young whipper snapper was that was trying to hire his wife.  Well  by the end of the lunch, I loved Bob and Bob loved me.

Donna worked for us at WCC for 10 years.  She was awesome.  She was such a great member of the team.

Last week was Donna's memorial service.  Since she was an Independence Police Chaplain, the force rolled out for her.  The processional from the church to Mt. Washington Cemetery was amazing.  Ten police cars.  Twenty police motorcycles.  Two fire trucks.

I thought about how fitting it was that she was celebrated so... then I thought... "hey, everyone should be celebrated that much."

Thank you Donna for your life.

Thank you God for Donna's life.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: