Monday, June 28, 2021

Fat Tellers

My bank tellers are not fat but they are going to be one of these days.

So here is the story.  At the bank they have a box of chocolate bars that you can buy for $1.  The money goes to some charity.  I started buying 4 bars and leaving them for the tellers.  After a few episodes of this, I thought that maybe they would like some other kind of treat.

I love the Dollar Tree store.  It is the only dollar store were everything is actually $1.  So I took my $4 in there and bought a Baby Ruth 6 pack, a Twixt 6 pack and two other 6 packs.  When I gave them to the tellers, they were thrilled.  Now when I go to the bank I never go empty handed.

This practice grew out of something that I have been doing for years at Christmas.  Always around the holidays the pharmacy or Walmart has Russell Stovers on sale for $5 a box.  I make a list of people that have taken care of me over the year and I make a delivery.

To the bank.  To the bartender.  To the neighbor.  To the waitress.  To eight or ten people.

Chocolate makes people happy, it is easy to come by and you can get it cheap at the Dollar Tree.  I encourage everyone who reads this to give it a try.  Spend a few bucks on chocolate and see if you can't light up someone's day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: