Saturday, June 19, 2021

the cobwebs of time

I find it interesting how memories from long ago can be lost in the cobwebs of my brain and then one day just show up.

When I was in second grade, evidently I was talking too much in Mrs. Faber's class.  She decided to punish me by giving me a homework assignment.  I had to write this very long sentence 100 times.  For years, I remembered having to do it, but I could not remember the sentence.

Then the other day, the fog lifted and the cobwebs fell away and there 
was the horrible sentence.

"I realize that my conversational proclivities are not helpful but are detrimental to my studies and harmful and hurtful to the work of others."

100 times.
100 times on my big chief tablet.

I hated doing it.  I am not sure I stopped talking either.  But isn't it amazing how much information the brain stores.  Who knows what else is lurking in the files in the deep recesses?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to remember the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: