Wednesday, June 2, 2021

We have a choice

Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.

Victor Frankl

Each moment is a choice. No matter how frustrating or boring or constraining or painful or oppressive our experience, we can always choose how we respond.
Edith Eger as quoted in Richard Rohr's daily devotional on May 20

I don't have much to add to these quotes.  Both of these statements come from Auschwitz survivors.  I think I have problems?  I think that something isn't going right for me?  We always have a choice.  No matter what is happening in our world, we can let in conquer us or we can choose to see the good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: