Thursday, September 6, 2007

beautiful boy

John Lennon wrote a song when his son was born. That song got stuck in my head yesterday. Here are some of the words:

"Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy. Darling, darling, darling, little boy."

He, like almost all parents, loved his child very much. I think of my three kids. What a blessing. I guess my parents felt this way about their kids too. Mom had three miscarriages, two of them pretty late. I know that really bothered her.

Anyway, kids are a blessing. I will tell you a secret, I didn't really care for kids until I had my own. Now, I love everybody's kids. I am glad to see them. They are so full of life and excitement. Kids are a blessing.

I wonder. No, I don't wonder. I know God feels the same way about us. Jesus said, "let the children come to me." Romans 8 tells us that we are God's children.

That is an exciting thought. God is up there today, singing a little song about how beautiful you are. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful you. You are loved! What a great thought to start the day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.