Saturday, September 22, 2007

symptoms

Thursday, September 22nd, 2005

Several have asked what my symptoms were.

April, May, June. Sinus problems, congestion. Progressively worse. Several trips to the doctor. Several different antibiotics. Strange things going on in my sinuses. Things that are not normal. I can't put them in print. Ask me in person if you really want to know.

July. Back to the doctor. Now its bronchitis. More antibiotics. I am noticing regular problems with breathing. Short of breath, gasping for breath. Pain in my upper chest. You aren't supposed to think about having to breathe. It is just supposed to come naturally, automatically, voluntarily. When it doesn't, you know there is a problem.

August. X-ray. Pneumonia. More antibiotics. Regular problems with breathing. Co-workers, family, and those who know me well can clearly see that there is something wrong. During July and August I had to work very hard on Sunday mornings to manage my air. Talk slower. Pause. Maintain. I don't want to have a spell during worship.

September: dry cough. Anything that requires exertion results in severe shortness of breath. Something is definitely wrong. c-t scan. lung cancer diagnosis.

Those were the symptoms.

September 22nd, 2005. That was then, this is now. Thank God.

Its a beautiful day in God's world. Be sure to see the good.

No comments: