Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We minister to one another

Before I get to the thought for the morning, I have to ask you, did you see the sun rise yesterday? Wow!!! Red orb, brilliance disguised, appeared as the moon for a moment in time. It was amazing.

I was on the phone with Carol later that day and we discussed the sunrise. She reminded me of the old saying, "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky at morning, sailors take warning." Anyway, the sunrise was beeeauutifuuulll yesterday. I will be looking at it again today.

Alright, back to the topic at hand:

Occasionally I scroll back thru the posts on this blog to see if there are any comments. I guess that I hope that people read this and find something helpful in the blog, whether they comment or not on the musings of a 50 year old preacher.

Well, I ran back thru some posts and found 2 comments on the Tuesday, August 28th post. In the first comment, Lions Den Man is back and has a very poignant comment. Jan R is present in comment number two. She thanks Lions Den Man for his words.

I am touched by their exchange of caring. I am reminded that this is what we are supposed to do. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it is a beautiful thing. Just think, one little word from you today, one little comment, could be exactly what someone else needs to hear. Look how powerful you are! Look at the great opportunity that you have to do good in the name of the Lord.

God gives us power so that we can exercise it to bless others. I invite you today to use the power of your words to bring encouragement to another.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.