Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sunday, Septebmer 25th, 2005

Sunday. Another Sunday. When you are the preacher, it seems like Sunday comes three times per week. About the time your brain has recovered from the previous Sunday, Sunday is here again and you need to have something to say. Something inspirational. People feel let down when the sermon doesn't hit them just right. You are supposed to be super human. You always have to provide hope. [Really when you think about it, providing hope is a pretty neat thing to try to do.]

Today, I've got a lot on my mind. How long will it take to get the results back from a bronchiascope? Maybe we will know the results tomorrow. Silent prayers are offered that my lung problem is something other than lung cancer.

Lets see. What is the topic for today's sermon? It is connecting Sunday. The scripture used in 2005 was Hebrews 10:23-25.

23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


I have to admit, I remember this day very well. It was a tough day to get up and talk. I was glad when lunch time came. Maybe tomorrow we will hear some test results.


That was then, this is now. Thank God.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

terry said...

You found joy and peace through absolute turmoil, just as Paul taught us we must do... I cannot imagine too many people can actually do that.
I was drawn to this church because the people here are REAL. You are REAL. YOu don't wear a fancy robe and pretend you are different from your congregation. I love that. You embrace us.
I love what Clay said Sunday.. "I don't trust anyone that doesn't have a limp". Thank you Jeff for being so human, you make me feel OK too.