Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Monday, September 26, 2005

As I look back on my calendar for this day, there are three things on the schedule. A morning meeting with two of our lead staff, an afternoon planning meeting, and the Chiefs played on Monday night.

I did not know it at this time, but this would be the last day that I would have to wait and wonder about my diagnosis.

I would like to say a word about the internet. What an amazing blessing it was during this time to be able to surf the web in private and learn about different lung ailments. Not too many years ago, I would have made a trip to the library and checked out a bunch of books to sort through. Now, you can be so specific in your search that you can find what you need so much easier. Just another blessing of technology that we take for granted.

This is a list of diseases that I learned about by reading on the internet.
C.O.P.D.
B.P.D.
Ciliary Dyskinesia
Cocci
Histoplasmosis
H.M.P.V.
L.A.M.
Mesothelioma
Pleurisy
Pulmonary Fibrosis
SARS
Sarcoidosis
Tuberculosis

Two years ago, I could have described just about every one of these lung ailments. Almost any of them would be preferable to the original diagnosis.

I knew that each day that went by brought us one day closer to the phone call with the results from the bronchiascope.

I watched the Chiefs game and went to bed.

Monday, September 26th, 2005. That was then, this is now. Thank God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I am considering setting up a blog now that I am pastoring a large church again. I just discovered your blog, referenced from your email signature.

Do you have any hints for me as I contemplate becoming a blogging pastor?