Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

Hey! I really enjoyed yesterday. Labor Day is going to have to become one of my favorite holidays. Think about it. Many holidays have church services. Not that church services are bad, but for me, if there is a service, there is lots of extra work. No church services on Labor Day. Then, there are no family expectations. No dinners, no gatherings, nothing to interrupt what truly turned into a restful day off. No traffic on the streets, businesses seemed a little slow. I got everywhere I needed to go, and got lots of little things caught up.

I worked in the yard. We have a berm in the back. Berm = pile of dirt with plants in it. A hill, a hump in the back yard. A decorative heap of dirt. Well, this berm has been neglected for a long time and most of what was growing on it was weeds. If God invented weeds, He has a great imagination. I think there was one of every kind growing in the berm. Today, I am proud to say, the berm is weed free, matted and mulched. It looks perty.

So, yesterday for me was very restful and productive. I hope you enjoyed the gift of yesterday. Now lets welcome God into the gift of today and enjoy the moments with Him and all of His good people.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: