Monday, September 3, 2007

Old Sayings

Old Sayings. I know a ton of them.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. A rolling stone gathers no moss. Don't put all of your eggs into one basket. What goes around comes around. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Don't count your chicks before they hatch. A fool and his money are soon parted. On and on I could go.

Mom and I used to have contests, bantering back and forth with old sayings. The last one standing with an unanswered old saying was the winner.

Yesterday, Dr. Ken passed on one of his sayings. He has lots of sayings, and often he will write them down in his beautiful handwriting, and give them to me on Sunday morning. I have heard this one before, but I received it with great joy.

"When the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change, that is when you will choose to do things differently in your life."

It is timely that I receive this......it will fit perfectly in the sermon for Sunday. And, I may just need to think harder about some of the things that I need to work on personally.

Pain isn't always bad. Sometimes it leads us to thought, awareness, and positive change.

Happy Labor Day!
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: