Friday, September 14, 2007

September, 14th 2005

This was a day that was all about one appointment. I had a cat scan scheduled for 1:30pm at the First National Bank building next to Burger King on 291. Several of our member worked at the 1st National Bank. Bonnie T, Susan G, Valerie F, now Valerie S. A few others that I am missing. Sorry for that. I always stop by and say hello to whoever is in the bank.

I remember all of it as clear as a bell. I waited for a while. 15 minutes. Not terrible. Then I was called back. The tech was a woman, a bit younger than me, and very gracious. You know, how you treat people is so very important. I don't remember her name, but I remember that she was very gracious. She made me feel comfortable.

Waiting is not a lot of fun. Waiting for the results of a test can do a lot of strange things to your brain. One thing is already happening to me.....I am becoming more understanding of the struggles of others......for the first time in my life I have first hand experience of what it is like to wait for news from the doctor. I prayed a lot that day.

September 14th, 2005

That was then, this is now. Thank God.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff,
It is a great burden that needed to be shared. We would have answered the ad for that job. It's good to know that you learned from this, and were able to ask for help at the recurrence. Thank you for your trust and your suffering.
BuonaCuoca