Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sunday, September 18th, 2005

I have been at this church for a long time. September 18th, 2005 was my 585th Sunday at Woods Chapel. I guess there have been some hard ones. In the old days when I had to get up and tell the folks that we were broke, that was tough. After my parents died, those days were tough. When Scott was sick. After September 11th, tough time.

For me personally, this is not an easy day. I am not ready to tell everyone about what is going on. The reason for that is simple. We don't know what is going on. I am still praying for fungus.

I have taken alot of heat in the last two years for not sharing my struggle with the congregation until it was over. Well, people are different. Please understand, I really am shy. I hate to be the center of attention. My counselor tells me that I am an introvert in an extrovert's world. I don't even know how to begin to tell the people about what is going on. I make the decision to wait until we know something. Cathy agrees.

So, its going to be just another Sunday. Four services. Lots of hands to shake. Encouraging as many people as I can. A sermon from Philippians 4. Silent prayers for fungus.

Sometimes you get thru such times just biting your lip and pushing thru. You do what you have to do. That's what we did. I was so glad when the morning was over and I could go home.

Sunday, September 18th, 2005.

That was then, this is now. Thank God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world. Be sure to see the good.

No comments: