Saturday, September 8, 2007

no [sub] critical comments please

Well, it is time to make a change. I have collected a nemesis. Someone who calls themselves "subcritical." They appear to be an unhappy, fundamental, judgemental Christian. They have left several hateful and theologically shallow comments over the last few days on "my" blog. I cannot allow them to comment on my blog anymore, and I have blocked their comments. It is always easier to tear something down than to build something up. My hope in this blog is that good people who have been wounded by the world, and by churches, will find the joy of life in Jesus Christ.

If "sub=critical" showed up in church and wanted to speak from the pulpit, based on the hate speech that they have provided, I would have to stand up in the middle of the worship service, for the good of God's kingdom and ask them to stop talking and sit down. So, unfortunately for the rest of you good people, there will no longer be an open opportunity for people to comment on my blog.

This is my blog. It does not belong to WCC. It is not supervised by anyone. I don't have to do this. I do it because I want to. I do it because I think it is a good thing for members of the congregation to see into the heart of their pastor. For better, or for worse. It is my chance to share with you some of my heart, the good and the bad. The strong and the weak. It is not an opportunity for someone to tear me apart anonymously.

If you would like to lodge a complaint about me or my theology, you are welcome to call the office at 795-8848 x307. I am always glad to meet with anyone who wants to visit with me, even if they don't agree with me. God's grace can cover all kinds of disagreements. I invite you personally, Mr. or Mrs. subcritical to come see me and talk about life, grace, and the mission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In the future, if the rest of you would like to comment, please send me an email at jeffb@woodschapelchurch.org say what you want to say, personally between you and me. If there is enough interest, I will set up an email group to pass on the comments that are shared. It is a shame that one person can ruin the good opportunity that we have to encourage one another thru our comments to the blog. I hope that one day in the future, if "post-critical" will come forward, we can get this breach healed and comments can again be posted to the blog.

I invite all of you good people that I know, that read this blog, to keep writing if you like. Lions Den Man, Jan R, Inky Lynn, Bruce, Carol, Melanie, Western Kentucky Ping Pong Champ, Paul, Grace, TerriM and all of the rest of you that I cannot remember at this moment.

Goodbye subcritical. I used to be a fundamentalist myself. It just doesn't work. It is not a realistic approach to life. God's grace is so rich and so free. I hope you find it. There truly is a joy that comes from knowing Him and experiencing His forgiveness. Mercy rejoices over judgement. And by the way, the dispensational thing is new as of the 1850's. It is not the historical belief of the church of Jesus Christ. Check your beliefs against church history. There is a good deal of heresy out there.

It is a beautiful day in God's world for those who choose to see it. I hope that each of you will choose to see the good.

No comments: