Sunday, September 30, 2007

Head cold

Today I have a head cold. This week I have had a head cold. Stuffy head, runny nose, cough. That feeling that your head is going to pop out thru your eyes.

One of the nice things about being sick is the appreciation that we have later for feeling well. We get used to feeling well and we take it for granted. Illness makes us appreciate being well.

One of the things that I think I learned in 2005 was to not worry so much about the small things. It's only a head cold. The kid got a tattoo. Ok, at least they aren't on drugs.

Here is a good thing to think: If that is the worst thing that happens to me today, then we are going to be ok. Head cold, no problem. Tattoo, no problem. Dog needs a bath, no problem. Annoyed with something at church, no problem.

Lets not get upset with the little things. Lets see the good and dispense the grace.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: