Friday, February 29, 2008

blogs

I am glad that you read this blog, but what are you expecting when you open it up?

I can't be inspirational everyday, and I am not trying necessarily to be inspirational. Sometimes though, life is inspirational. I can't be funny every day, but sometimes, life is funny. Some days, there is nothing in there. Do you ever have days like that? You get up, you go about your business and you do the best you can, but there is nothing of note in there.

I guess the one thing that I am trying to do in this blog is to be myself. Sometimes funny, sometimes, inspirational, sometimes up, down, happy, sad, just be myself. Actually, I think that this is a very important thing. I think God is looking for people who will just be themselves. Honest. Real life.

I hope that most days you get something from the blog. I don't want to disappoint anyone, but I have no promise of any particular experience for you. Just the daily grind of one man who is a parent of teenagers, pastor of a church, husband of a travelling wife, ornery, silly, a less than perfect dude.

I am enjoying the ride of life. I hope that you are too.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

6 comments:

terry said...

It may sound corny, but I like your blog because it is real. You are funny -- the cat/snake thing was good. You show us as a congregation that we are expected to be real, not perfect, real. I love it when people are real, at least we know where they are coming from and where we stand. It's when they put on a face, or pretend in some way that is scary. Sometimes just being there, being consistent, and being real is an inspiration. Sharing your life and your personal stuff is hard, and you have done that. Sometimes that has made it easier for me to do that. I have some ugly stuff in my life. You have shown me its OK to talk about it.

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I apprieciate you spending the time to write every day. For me
it is a reminder that we are all connected. Everyone reading the blog has a reminder, each day, that life is good. Dont set yourself up to think that we are looking for inspiration every day. Your blog is another one of many ways that you connect with people. Thanks!
eb

Anonymous said...

I read it because it brightens my day.

the fly said...

hey jeff,
i read it because i like you. sometimes you make me laugh. sometimes you make me cry. sometimes i'm inspired. sometimes i say "oh, that was..." and i look elsewhere.
but i read it because i like you, and want to keep up with you. we were seperated for 2 years. this blog thing will keep that from happening again.
grace and peace, and have a great weekend. you are one of several i pray for every sunday morning before i pray for myself.

Unknown said...

Hi,Jeff! I have been a member of WCUMC for the past 18 months or so. I love it. I read your blog every day - inspiration, humorous or not. :)

Take care,
Kar

Anonymous said...

As I've said before, you are the "real deal" . . . I'm hooked! Your writing causes all emotions to surface!