Tuesday, February 12, 2008

self inflicted wounds

Do you have any? I do, from time to time. Things that get broken, and I have no one to blame but myself.

I wasn't paying attention, I dropped the ball. I mis-spoke, I did't see it coming. I only saw the world the way I see the world. I had a bad moment.

However you define the moments that bring brokenness, I hate it when they are self-inflicted. I hate to disappoint others and I hate to disappoint myself. Sometimes it makes it hard to sleep at night.

I guess I am glad that my worries keep me awake because sometimes it is in the early morning hours that I do my best thinking and my best praying. If you have a self inflicted wound, do not lose heart. Today is another day. It is another chance that God gives us to do it right, to make amends, to rise above the failures of yesterday. I thank God for second chances.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

the fly said...

oh, brother jeff,
"call me legion, for my self-inflicted wounds are too numerous to count."
i'm the only person i know who can shoot off my mouth and shoot myself in the foot at the same time.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.