Monday, February 4, 2008

Run deer, run

It is 6:15am yesterday morning, and I am on the way to church. It's a five minute drive. In the winter time, the car doesn't even have time to heat up.

I always come in the back way, on Goodview Circle. Yesterday, I was travelling at a good rate of speed. I bumped up the transition from Goodview Cirlce into our new driveway. Our north driveway is kind of fun to drive on, curvy road and all.

All of a sudden, a flash, in front of my car. A deer. I hit the brakes. Screech! Lights come on at the Holiday Inn. Lucky deer. Quick deer. Good brakes.

As I thought about what just happened, I realized that the deer had been praying in "the giving garden." North of the missions/youth building, the giving garden has a pathway, a cross and some wonderful flowers when they are in season and not being eaten by deer.

Anyway, my entrance to our property, startled the deer from her {it was a doe} prayers. She ran out into the road. We almost had an unholy encounter.

I hope that when you pray, the result is not that you run out into traffic. Prayer should bring us peace, contentment, and solid direction. Stay longer in the garden, don't be so quick to run out into traffic.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful thoughts this conjured. I particularly like that garden, and often drive that way myself, just cause it's pretty. Also, evenings after dark and after meetings at the church, I go around back and shine the headlights across the eastern yard. I see many deer out there...one night saw 13 or 14. Pretty awesome!